Monday 21 November 2011

Is this the end?

Is this the end?
And the destiny of this mass of water and rocks was being discussed
On a table of unpolished pine wood
Spoiled by the tear drops of heaven and the passing time

The neighborhood star came to look through the window
Dazing two birds to death and burning the seeds before they’re grown
Dryness was installed
 Maybe the delicate sound of water running will refresh and feed our thirst…

We come and we go
Nobody waits, not even time
Nothing is for sure
Not even one’s existence

He said coldly:
 I shall not be here any longer, I’m running to the centre of the universe
Catching wild stars and drinking dark holes
Freedom is the last thing to last in the end of the world
He penetrated my mind as he kept whispering 

His rarefied thoughts shone
He kept discoursing enthusiastically to the walls
But I couldn’t forgive his slashing attack
My heart raced in a volcanic pace

This is the last time to make an action out of a thought
I ran away, as far as I could
And lay down in the floor, looking at nothing
It’s all we know, anyway

He was there, catching stars with his eyes
Waiting to grab them in his bare hands
I watched passionately his moves
It soothed my mind

I want to be sedated
To live in an illusion
Different from this one

He faded away
He was closer than ever to the end of it all
Still I could feel his presence
But I kept walking alone…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about poems, it's good :) If you would tell me, that it was written by one of the most famous poets, I would believe you, because I really don't see any difference between these poems and poems which I have read at school :)
Maybe next generations will be learning about you in the school :D