Saturday 23 June 2012

New memories appear every day
The speed of thought is like the speed of Light
As soon as you reflect, the moment is gone
It belongs to the past

My memories are back
And so are you
But only a shade is to be seen
Every time I look I see something new

Like a flash, you come and go
Leaving me in the same place
When you’re back time hasn’t passed
Everything we do is to blame

A whim not yet satisfied
Maybe one day who knows
Fantasies grew as we planned
So did our lust

Now I laugh
Yesterday I cried
Something inside me moves
I don’t know what it is neither do I really want to know

Once you walked away
And will do it once again
No more explanations, no more frustrations
We belong to ourselves not to somebody else
Not to each other, not to Heaven or Hell

So, let’s do it once for all
Then walk away without feelings
Without thoughts and dreams that might attach us
But a moment never to forget!

In a distant quiet place, where reason can’t reach
Where only instincts and sensations can prevail
Where emotions can’t see what we’re doing
Where the hands are so close, but so far away at the same time

Before I cry,
This circle will end
Heart, go away!
Conscience, don’t interfere!
And Reason, give me one to pretend I know what I do…

1 comment:

vitor said...

I really like this poem!
Vitor