Thursday 6 November 2008

You're Breathing Life Into Me

To the rose that never withers
To the flame that never quenches
To the bird that lost it’s wings and keeps flying

You’re breathing life into me
And through my veins flows the red hot blood
Of many of my madness and own prejudice

From the hottest deserts and from the coldest places
You came to breath life into me
The tears I shed over my life are weeping gently in my soul
You came to breath life into me
And now they are dry from all this heat

You came when I lost my latest hope
When I was watching my dreams being shattered again
I was about to sell my soul
But it didn’t belong to me anyway

You’re breathing life into me
While I release my last rage from the times my mind was hurting me
I built a wall separating the pain off my heart
I hope it to never fall
My wish is being dragged by the river

The rose won’t ever wither
The flame will never quench
The bird will always fly
While you keep breathing life into me
Giving me the fuel for survival
And when the blood keeps running through my veins
Carrying my madness and own prejudice
Which it takes slowly the breath you’re giving me…

1 comment:

Mike said...

This is a very sweet poem :)