Tuesday 4 August 2009

The last words spoken

The last words were spoken
The universe closed itself
Its’ existence is extinguished
What used to be so certain is not anymore

Everybody prayed in silence
Never so many voices prayed together
Never was such a moment before

All the flowers stopped flourishing
They don’t want to see what will happen
Anything that is alive wants to believe

In a last goodbyeI walked near the sea
On a place where sand still soft to step on
I said goodbye to the ocean
It took my tears with it

The quiet sound from the waves made me dream
With another universe made off sweet dreams
and never this cruel reality
Though the hurt it gives makes me know I’m alive

The last words spoken weren’t mine
They were from someone that wanted to be alive

I thought
Why not create another universe where we cannot lie to ourselves and truly be alive?

1 comment:

Mike said...

Really exquisite and poetic description of his last words, Susie.