Tuesday 4 August 2009

Reflex

I was stooped upon the waters
And in a moment that could be like any other
But the willing didn’t allow it
I looked to my reflex on the water

Everything around me had similar reflex
The light and soft undulation of the water didn’t take away their forms
All so identical but me
A reflex distorted reality
My reality

The waters never stopped running
The wind never stopped passing between the leaves
Between all the things undressed of fake and artificiality
As well as the time that never stopped passing

I never became in everything I am
I never wanted to find myself
Many times I stopped to search myself
When I saw the way I hesitated in running away to inside me

In the first time I looked to my reflex upon the waters
I knew that it wasn’t me the person reflected
I watch myself and I don’t know me
I look at me and I don’t want to believe

On my depths remains a light
Waiting to be found
Sometimes the search is hard
But better than don’t search at all

Upon the waters I found my reflex
That brought the darkness to my eyes
I don’t know who I am anymore
But I still confident on the light that overflows from my soul will be enough to die away the darkness from my eyes

1 comment:

Mike said...

Really good poem! One thing: it would be "reflection". A "reflex" is when you naturally respond to something, such as when the doctor taps your knee and it kicks.